THIS WEEK IN OUR PARISH
SATURDAY, December 29,
SUNDAY, December 30, Holy Family of Jesus, Mary & Joseph
MONDAY, December 31, New Year’s Eve
1 Jn. 2:18-21; Jn. 1:1-18
Evening Prayer & Rosary
SATURDAY, January 5,
SUNDAY, January 6, Epiphany of the Lord
Is. 60:1-6; Eph. 3:2-3a, 5-6; Mt. 2:1-12
Please remember in your prayers all those who are sick or suffering, especially those homebound or in nursing homes.
Refresh them Lord, with your healing grace.
Nursing Home: Evelyn Spiert, Donna Whitacre
At Home: Catherine
Allen Charlie Campbell, Josephine Calabro, Fred Courtney, Anna
Czernik, Sondra Fisher-Goodwin, Judy Hall, Henrietta Koch,
ECO (Electronic Contributions Option) Program is always open for new sign-ups. See the information at the rear of church or call the parish office. ECO –schedule: Weekly, December 31; January 7, 14, 21, 28; Bi-weekly: January 7, 21; Monthly January 1 or 15
Religious Retirement: The average Catholic sister, brother, or order priest remains in active ministry until age 74. Today, 37,870 women and men religious are past age 70 and need our help with current high cost of living and health care. Please place your special envelope in the collection basket.
Not sure if you are registered at
· You have moved away from your parental home.
· You grew up here but are newly married and starting your own family.
· You are living with your parents but are over 23 years of age.
· You are not receiving contribution envelopes.
To register please fill out a registration form which can be found on the table at the main entrance of church.
Year-end: 2007 contribution statements will be mailed by January 31st. Please make sure that all 2007 contributions are in the parish office by December 31st.
LITURGICAL/VOLUNTEER SCHEDULES for December 29-30 (5th Sunday Of The Month)
DATE ALTAR SERVER LECTOR EXTRAORDINARY MINISTERS
4:00 PM Dec. 29 J.LaMotte, J.LaMotte D.Smeltzer, S.Holleran, J. & J., Sauer,
C.Peruzzi T.Nierman M.Campbell, E.Holleran
Dec. 30 M.DuVall, R.Driscoll F.Melton, A.Metoyer, M.A.Metnes, C.Reis,
R. & J. Vogt M.K.Oris S.Naegele, C.Redwood, B.Hilsheimer, M.Vogt
Dec. 30 A.Bartholomew, P.Mortimer, A.VanHorn, S.Brown, D.VanHorn,
V.Relli, N.Mattox M.Kelly L.Duren, P.Mortimer, S.Thompson
Coffee & Donuts December 30: J. & P. Kenneh Pray for our men and women in uniform
Christmas Season: Don't stop on December 25 as the secular season fizzles out. Plan some of your Christmas-season socializing with family and friends after Christmas Day. More importantly, find appropriate celebrations for the liturgical feasts of the season. For example:
· Get all of the immediate family together for dinner on the Feast of the Holy Family. (In many families this will turn the day into a major event, especially if there are teenagers and young adults.)
· On New Year's Day, when we celebrate the Solemnity of Mary and World Day of Peace, reflect on Mary's role in the Incarnation as you pray the joyful mysteries of the rosary for peace.
· Take time on the Feast of the Epiphany, a gift-giving day in many Catholic cultures, to go through your wardrobes and toy chests and decide what you can now give away after all the new things you received at Christmas. You can also use the Epiphany to make decisions about how to donate your time and money in the new year.
St. Ladislas Church on the southside of
If you were a member of St. Ladislas Church and/or a student of the school, please email them at email@example.com or call Tony 471-5046, Marian at 491-0716 or Katie at 497-9646. Please include your name, address, phone number, email address and permission to publish this information. If you attended school please include years you attended and graduated. If you do not want your information published, please contact them so they can inform you of upcoming centennial celebration events thank you.
The Greater Columbus Post of the Catholic Veterans will meet Tuesday, January 8th
at at St. Michael Church in
Offices closed: The church office will close December 31 and January 1.
Going on Vacation? Call 1-800-Mass Time (1-800-627-7846) or on the net www.Masstimes.org for nationwide Mass times and locations.
Start the New Year
Right!!! Celebrate at our 3rd Annual Saint
Save Big in 2008 with a $5,000 tuition scholarship to any school!!! That’s right, the $5,000 scholarship will be paid directly to ANY school – preschool, elementary school, high school or college – towards a designated tuition bill for the 2008-2009 school year or it may be deposited directly into a 529 account. This includes out-of-state schools too! Tickets cost $20 each and may be purchased in the school office or by calling 444-8994.
Thank you for all of your kindness
and generosity to St.
A happy and prosperous New Year to you and your kin! And thanks for all the kind cards and treats!
Activities coming up at
· School students and staff are on Christmas break until
· Geography Bee January 4th at
· Breakfast with a book January 9th at
Please remember to honor your bingo commitment!